TANDEM Week 9 Presentation
TANDEM: A Brief Agenda
I. Review our project goals
- Discuss new interested users (advertising, biodiversity cataloging)
- Discuss output applications in “Mother Goose Counts”
II. Describe our development drive
- Branches of Dev underway
- UI/UX dynamic pages
- Django framework
- TANDEM tool python script
III. Explain our development steps
- Two parallel paths were followed building Python “backend” code to run the analytics on the users’ input files
- The paths were merged and tested on a laptop
- The Python environment was then built on the server
- A command line versionTANDEM will now run on the server using local server-based files.
- @sreal19 will Demo TANDEM! (Fasten your seatbelts, folks!)
IV. Discuss next steps
- What still needs doing hooking up front and back ends.
- Getting polished examples of our output up along with clear links to available datavis resources.
- Getting Kelly’s best practices documentation live.
- Outreach (not just to beta testers, but to users who might not have considered these tools before — looking for education applications/journalism
- Now is also the time to start considering the life beyond Praxis:
- Grants for continuing work?
- How much labor/manpower/development would be needed to move beyond MVP?
- What does 1.0 look like?
Thanks for following and stay tuned for updates!