Link

Hi All,

Cannot wait to see you all for this last class! I want to say that I know this is a busy time for everyone, and I do not want to add to your plate. But if you can find a few minutes to read through this request, follow the link and provide top-of-mind texts it would be immensely helpful for me and anyone else interested in analyzing this data. If this project interests you I’ll be maintaining a link to the spreadsheet on my Commons profile, so anyone can play with it.

Request:

Social Citation intends to map the personal connections that give rise to the dissemination of influential texts. At this data gathering stage, I ask that you please share with me the texts that have been significant to your work–either intellectually or aesthetically engaging in a way that was somehow transformative for you. This can be as comprehensive or as bare-bones as you like. To share the texts please follow this link: bit.ly/socialcitationdata and find your name among the tabs at the bottom of the page. Your name will appear as it is on your Academic Commons Profile. Next, list the author along side the text. Then, under referrer, the person who referred you to the text (use NA if found yourself), the location of the discovery (if outside of an institution please write city and state, if the text was encountered within an institution please just include the institution). Finally, list the duration of time spent in that place or institution. An example might look like:

Graphs Maps and Trees Franco Moretti Matt Gold_Stephen Brier CUNY 2014-Present
Hyper Cities Todd Presner_David Shepard_Yoh Kawano Matt Gold_Stephen Brier CUNY 2014-Present
Planned Obsolescence Kathleen Fitzpatrick Matt Gold_Stephen Brier CUNY 2014-Present
Feel free to use these to start your list if you care to. Thank you for your time. I will keep this link open so the data may be used by anyone to experiment with network maps and visualizations of your own.

Thanks!

1 thought on “Social Citation: Data Request

1. (Martha) Joy Rose

Liam – I am clicking your bitly link, but there’s a problem with it. Doesn’t lead anywhere?
    Here are mine for your project:

Martha Joy Rose
    Eversion Stephen Jones Matt Gold_Stephen Brier CYNY 2014-Present
    Debates in the Digital Humanities Matt Gold Matt Gold_Stephen Brier CUNY 2014-Present
    Write me if you need more: MarthaJoyRose@gmailcom